Epson Stylus C86
The Epson Stylus C86 is an inkjet printer that was launched in 2004. While it’s an older model, it still has some valuable features that make it a good option for office or home use.
Epson Stylus C86 Review
Among the most noteworthy features of the C86 is its ability to print pictures with a resolution of up to 5760 x 1440 dpi. This makes it an excellent option for printing top-quality pictures, although it’s essential to remember that this will require using unique picture paper and ink cartridges.
The C86 is also reasonably fast, with a print speed of up to 22 web pages for black and white documents and up to 12 for color documents. It also has a reasonably large paper tray with up to 120 sheets.
Regarding connection, the C86 can be connected to a computer system via USB. It also has an optional networking component that allows it to be shared amongst several users on a network.
One potential drawback of the C86 is that it can be pretty loud when printing. Furthermore, while it has a reasonably large paper tray, it doesn’t have automated duplexing, so users must turn the paper over to print on both sides by hand.
The Epson Stylus C86 is a good inkjet printer that can produce top-quality pictures and documents. However, it may not be the best option for those needing automated duplexing or looking for a more modern printer with advanced features.
Other Printer: Epson Stylus C84WN
Epson Stylus C86 Design
The Epson Stylus C86 is a small inkjet printer with a simple, rectangle-shaped design. It has a matte grey finish and measures 18.5 inches in size, 11.2 inches extensive, and 7.8 inches in elevation.
At the front of the printer, there’s a control board with several switches and indicator lights. These permit users to power the printer on and off, return to printing, terminate print jobs, and inspect the ink condition. A tiny LCD screen also displays information such as ink degrees and mistakes messages.
The paper tray lies at the printer’s rear and can stand up to 120 sheets of paper. There’s also a different port for packing up to 20 sheets of picture paper, which can be used to print top-quality pictures.
The ink cartridges lie beneath a panel on the printer’s top and can be easily changed by lifting the panel and pushing a launch switch.
Overall, the design of the Epson Stylus C86 is functional and straightforward, with user-friendly managers and a minor dimension that makes it an excellent option for use in small spaces.
Epson Stylus C86 Upkeep
Carrying out routine upkeep on your Epson Stylus C86 printer can help ensure that it functions correctly and produces top-quality prints. Here are some upkeep tips for your printer:
- Clean the printer goings: In time, the printer goings can become clogged with ink, leading to lousy print quality. You can clean the printer goings using the printer’s integrated cleaning function. To do this, go to the printer’s control board, select “Upkeep,” and then choose “Head Cleaning.” Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the cleaning process.
- Change ink cartridges: If your printer creates pass-out or streaky prints, it may be time to change them. Epson Stylus C86 printer uses individual ink cartridges for each color, so you need to change the color that goes out.
- Clean the printer rollers: In time, dirt and particles can build up on the printer rollers, triggering paper jams and various other problems. To clean the rollers, shut off the printer and disconnect it. Open the printer cover and carefully clean the rollers with a lint-free cloth.
- Use top-quality paper: Low-quality paper can result in lousy print quality and cause paper jams. Epson suggests using its brand name of paper for the best outcomes.
- Maintain the printer in a tidy, dry place: Dirt and moisture can damage the printer and affect its efficiency. Maintain the printer in a tidy, dry location far from direct sunshine, heat resources, and moisture.
By following these upkeep tips, you can help ensure that the Epson Stylus C86 printer proceeds to produce top-quality prints and runs efficiently.
Epson Stylus C86 Detail at Epson Website