Epson SureColor P900
The Epson SureColor P900 is a professional-grade picture printer designed for professional digital photographers and musicians demanding top-quality prints. Launched in 2020, it follows the popular SureColor P800 and offers several improvements and new features. Here is an evaluation of the Epson SureColor P900.
Epson SureColor P900 Review
The P900 uses Epson’s UltraChrome PRO10 pigment ink system comprising ten individual ink cartridges. This printer provides remarkable print quality with abundant, vibrant shades, smooth gradations, and excellent information recreation. It supports resolutions up to 5760 x 1440 dpi, leading to sharp and highly accurate prints.
Epson has made considerable developments in color precision with the P900. It features an improved color range, particularly in the blues and purples, leading to more precise color recreation. The printer also has advanced media control technology, ensuring consistent and accurate color output throughout various paper kinds.
The P900 uses the UltraChrome PRO10 ink system, which includes additional color cartridges such as Violet and Grey to expand the color range and improve black-and-white prints. The individual ink cartridges permit efficient ink use, decreasing waste and cost. The ink set also offers excellent durability, with prints ranked to last up to 200 years in cd storage space problems.
The P900 supports various media kinds, including picture paper, art paper, canvas, and more. It can handle sheet dimensions up to 17 x 22 inches (A2) and roll media up to 17 inches wide. The printer consists of a front art paper feed, making it easy to switch between various media kinds without unloading the paper tray.
Connection and Software
The SureColor P900 has USB, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi connectivity, enabling a versatile printing process. It works with both Windows and macOS os. Epson provides the Epson Print Layout software, which offers advanced management for color management, layout, and print setups. It also supports mobile printing via Epson Connect and third-party applications.
The P900 features a 4.3-inch color touchscreen with a user-friendly user interface for easy navigation and printer control. The printer’s small design and decreased impact compared with its precursor make it more space-efficient. The ink cartridges’ auto-switching abilities ensure smooth shifts between various black ink settings, such as picture black and matte black, decreasing ink waste and improving effectiveness.
The Epson SureColor P900 is a highly qualified picture printer with excellent print quality, color precision, and flexible media handling. It is appropriate for experts and enthusiasts that demand accuracy and want to produce gallery-quality prints. However, it is well worth remembering that the P900 is a specific printer with a more significant price point, so it may be better for people who focus on print quality and require advanced features.
Other Printer: Epson SureColor P800 Designer Edition
Epson SureColor P900 Sistem
The Epson SureColor P900 uses an advanced ink delivery system and printing technologies to accomplish its top-quality output. Here is a summary of the key elements and features of the P900 system:
- UltraChrome PRO10 Ink: The P900 integrates Epson’s UltraChrome PRO10 pigment ink system. It comprises ten ink cartridges comprising various color inks such as Cyan, Vivid Magenta, Yellow, Light Cyan, Vivid Light Magenta, Grey, Light Grey, Picture Black, Matte Black, and Violet. The broadened color range and other grey inks improve color precision and black-and-white print quality.
- PrecisionCore MicroPiezo AMC Print Head: The printer uses Epson’s PrecisionCore MicroPiezo AMC (Advanced Meniscus Control) print head technology. This advanced print head features a high-resolution nozzle array, providing precise droplet positioning and remarkable information recreation. The MicroPiezo AMC technology ensures accurate ink droplet development and consistent print quality.
- AccuPhoto HD Imaging Technology: Epson’s AccuPhoto HD imaging technology is utilized in the P900 to optimize picture processing and color management. This technology improves color precision, tonal shifts, and gradations, making smooth and natural-looking prints. AccuPhoto HD works with printer drivers and RIP (raster picture processing) software to produce excellent print quality.
- Advanced Media Control: The P900 integrates advanced media control technology to ensure accurate color recreation throughout various paper kinds and surface areas. It consists of an improved black thickness control system, enabling precise ink deposition and enhancing the balance between color and black ink thickness. This feature improves print quality and ensures consistent outcomes on various media.
- Professional Software Integration: The P900 is designed to work perfectly with professional software applications used by professional digital photographers and musicians. Epson provides the Epson Print Layout software, which offers advanced management for color management, layout, and print setups. Furthermore, the printer works with popular modifying and layout software such as Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Illustrator, enabling a structured printing process.
- Connection Options: The P900 offers various connection options to accommodate various processes. It comprises USB, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi connections, enabling versatile links to computer systems and networks. The Wi-Fi connection enables wireless printing, and the printer also supports mobile printing via the Epson Connect solution and suitable mobile applications.
Overall, the Epson SureColor P900 integrates advanced ink technology, accuracy print goings, picture processing abilities, and software integration to deliver remarkable print quality and color precision. Its system is designed to meet the needs of professional digital photographers and musicians requiring precise and top-quality prints.
Epson SureColor P900 Detail at Epson Website